Monica Cook

90.7 min read

Back to all Testimonials

Share this post

In English followed by Spanish:


Long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… I was born in the “City of the Eternal Spring” in Peru. I was the product of my parents having fun before getting married. I am the first of 4 siblings. My parents worked for the Peruvian Healthcare system as medical assistants. I do not have very many memories of when I was younger than 3 or 4 years old but maybe some broken images of an earthquake. And memories a little bit after 4, are those of my mother always bringing something to eat and dividing it in 4 pieces, and of my dad playing with us in the backyard.

My parents took lots of pictures of me as their first child. My primary school teacher described me as a “little devil” because I was always up and down running, jumping, sliding, etc and always ended up with a “red face.” When I was 7 years old, I remember one of my siblings being shy and other kids picking on him, I was always trying to defend him even against older boys. Once, I got hit on the chest for trying to defend him. I am not sure why, but I always felt like I needed to defend the defenseless, even if that got me into trouble. There were other kids in my street who also were shy, and the other “cool” kids mocked and made fun of them. I was their friend, but I wished I could do more for them. Some of these kids lost their mind and had to be on medication. As the kids in my street became adults, we got separated and I feel bad that I lost contact with them, even more, when I came to the USA.

I think I was a happy child, nothing out of ordinary, so, I hope my story is not too boring. My parents were always working, but we were never alone as our great grandma was initially living with us until she died when I was seven. After that period of time, we always had a sitter living with us who would cook, clean, and do all the work at home. I remember we often changed sitters, and later in life I was appraised of the reason, and it was not because we were incorrigible, but due to other family issues.

We were not rich nor poor but had enough for our needs. There were times when we did not have too much choice than to eat food in not a good state, I wonder how we did not get sick back then. My mother had to go work for her rich part of her family to be able to get cloth for us. We always had only one present for Christmas, and sometimes it was clothing. On a different topic, I always liked to experiment with things. My siblings and I would put a thick wool blanket on the stairs and sled all the way down. I would make a swing with bed sheets and hold my siblings while swinging, sometimes someone would go flying off; we did not get too hurt though. When we were out, we liked to get up to the unfinished 1 floor buildings and run and play tag on top of those walls without fear of falling. I only got hurt once when running upstairs at home I turned fast into the bathroom and hit the marble toilet paper holder with my forehead. I got 2 or 3 stitches.

As a child I was free, I had so much fun. This is the fun I wished for my son who has been deprived of sibling play or even close cousins due to life circumstances.

I feel I was a child for a long time; up until I started feeling responsibility for others in my surroundings. I remember being 7 years old and wanting to help with the dishes, I was rewarded with that chore as my responsibility from then on. After a while, I did not like it, as this subtracted from my play time. I adapted and went along with the expectations, but the fact that I continued to play helped me bear with unwanted responsibilities. In my daily mischievous play, I often made mistakes that ended up breaking something of value to my parents. We expected physical punishment with a belt or with the end tail of an artificial flower. Boy, was that painful! and for days left marks on our skin. I would get 5 lashes and my siblings would get 1 or 2 less than me according to their age. As we grew older, I was always the one who got the most lashes. In time, I learned to put on layers of cloth to prevent too much pain until my parents discovered my secret. I do not blame my parents for the way they corrected my behavior, they learned it from their parents. They did the best they could with what they knew at the moment. Yet, I feel like I was a happy child despite the punishments I received for exercising my freedom to do what I wanted and, in so doing, making mistakes.


I feel my childhood ended at about 12 years old. I wonder why, maybe hormones, maybe our family circumstances. I remember that I turned from being an outgoing happy kid to be a sad, shy, introverted person. When I started noticing that my parents were having problems, I became the middle ground for them. Later, I learned that we got a step-sister to whom I never really talked to and when I tried, I ruined the “almost” relationship with my Mormon self-righteous words and the ideas I was taught by my hurting mother. I often would be my mother’s crying shoulder, and also my dad’s, when he was drunk and sharing his remorse. I would become the sponge that absorbed the bad feelings/actions from them to each other and delivered a more caring message to avoid worsening situations.

My adolescent years were all very similar to when I turned 12. I had few friends, and when for any reason they would give me their back, I would suffer in silence for a time. These episodes did not last longer though. I would soon forget and continue our friendship. I would like boys, but there was always a girl, who was quicker and smarter than me in that sense, who ended up with the boy I liked. This was the time of platonic love for me, that at that moment, it seemed so devastating.


I never hated school. I was always waiting for recess and for the fun that I would have. In middle and high school, I liked all topics but more so, I was interested in the plants and animals’ parts and functions; this was nothing compared to when I learned about the human body. I was fascinated with its anatomy and physiology not only on the macroscopic level but in the cellular and chemical levels along with the physics that go with it. So, I had dogs and I loved to play with them and receive their love. I would be the one who would pick their fleas off, so they were not tormented with scratching. Once, I helped a dove that was hurt by my dog, I fed it and tended to its wound until the feathers started to grow, only to have my playful dog play with it again. This time the dove did not make it despite all my efforts. Other experiences included me helping my dad when he would come drunk; I would stay with him as he feared vomiting and cleaned it all afterwards. On one funny occasion I was helping my brother as he was vomiting and asked my sister to stay with him while I ran down to get cleaning supplies; when I came back they were both vomiting in the same toilet.

I think as I spent my time helping others near me that needed help and as I enjoyed the knowledge of how life is formed and how it can continue in a healthy path, that I later decided to be a nurse. My mother wanted me to be a doctor; I tried for her, but my scores only allowed me to go for Nursing school. In Peru, we finished high school at the age of 16, so I had time to go to preparatory classes to get into a University. We have free University in Peru as well as Private ones. I did not pay a penny for my schooling, other than one set of books that my dad got for me, my bus tickets and some supplies needed for some classes. I went to the library for most of my required schoolwork. Now that I think back, this must as well have been a way I used to avoid being home all the time while dealing with my parents’ situation.


In the midst of the turmoil of my family’s situation (where 2 of the 4 siblings became withdrawn/shy/depressed and 2 of them became super outgoing trying alcohol and drugs), and being from a catholic upbringing with very low attendance to that church, we ended up learning about the Mormon Church and its Book of Mormon. To be honest, at this point in our lives, this church helped us not to go on the deep end, with the HOPE of a better world. As we got involved with it, all of us got baptized at different times but my father. As we became super active, our restful weekends became the busiest days of the week filled with church responsibilities and callings. Was at this time when we also become involved with talent shows singing, dancing, and portraying Book of Mormon stories scenes. We became famous in our ward and stake not only for our talents but for our dedication to the church.

Everyone was surprised when I announced in a stake talk (pushed by my leaders) that I was leaving on a mission. I had to postpone my university studies for 18 months. My teachers strongly disagreed with what I had decided and threatened me with the consequences. I did not care, I wanted to share the gospel so others could be as happy as I was. I erroneously interfered with their lives and “showed them the better way,” My pride and ego deceived me into believing that it was for the good of them. As it would continue to deceive me to continue serving at any capacity I could in the church after my mission, I would always pray and fast, I would go to the temple as often as I could, I would do genealogy work as much as I could, I would open my mouth to share the gospel found in the Book of Mormon.

I was always a romantic person. I dreamed of finding someone with whom I could share my life with. After being a member of the LDS church, I had no doubt that this could be possible. I liked someone before my mission and 2 more boys after my mission while I was in Peru. And in the USA, I only allowed myself to have a crush on 1 boy in my singles ward, before I met my husband. At every one of these instances, there was someone else more experienced than me that took the boy, who was initially interested in me, to be with them. Growing up I was kissed in the most bizarre circumstances. One was in a game as a punishment when I was 12, my cousin kissed me when I was asleep, my sister’s ex-boyfriend kissed me when I was trying to console him after my sister broke up with him. In the church one of the married priesthood holders also kissed me. While on my mission, I confessed to my Mission President as I felt guilty of having been kissed by a married man and felt unworthy of being a missionary; who with such relief (that I did not break the Law of Chastity) told me that the Lord had forgiven me.

Back from my mission being an endless romantic and being very actively engaged on church affairs, other married priesthood leaders would take advantage to hug me, telling me that I was the kind of person they wanted for the mother of their children. I had other guy tell me that he had prayed, fasted, gone to the temple, and the Lord answered that I was supposed to be his wife; after overcoming my guilt of not liking him for that purpose, I resorted to the scripture in D&C that says, that we both needed to rejoice and both needed to be edified about this answer, and I was not. It has always been hard for me to do or say something that I know could hurt someone’s feelings.

Being in Utah was not different than Peru in the personal relationships’ aspect. I remember not having a car and waiting in the snow for the bus. In those days if someone from my ward, young or the bishopric saw me on the streets, they usually offered me a ride. I saw one car stopping that seemed someone older in the night, I thought this was a member of the bishopric. I got into the car, and I saw someone in short pants. It was then that I realized my mistake. But trusting that I was in Utah (I used to think that there were many good people that just wanted to help out) I did not ask him to stop the car, I apologized for the confusion and told him where I lived. Before getting to my place he asked me if we could go out on a date, I did not want to make him feel bad and just said that I never date anyone that I just met for the first time. He let me off and I thanked him for the ride. My roommate almost ate me alive for doing that. She said I could have been raped. My love life was always to the extent of platonic loves for many years. Before and after my mission, I just didn’t know what to do to get a boy’s attention. I guess I didn’t realize that I already had their attention but maybe, they expected more of me. I, instead, got really excited when 2 people were dating, but if they had doubts about their relationship somehow, they would come to me to talk about it. I would become the cupid of my ward, helping (in my mind) several couples to end up getting engaged and married. Whether or not I helped, I got excited that they got what I did not have. I don’t know how they are doing nowadays. I was very naïve, always thinking that the Lord would help all in their relationships if they had the desire to be together and were faithful to God, that God will provide everything and anything, no matter what.


I was living my life in Peru, I had met a boy and after a while of being friends, I started having feelings for him, I think this is the only boy previous to my husband that did not let other girls be in the middle. We were always friends and we really never went on a date, I sensed we liked each other, he was younger than me and he had to go on a mission. So, I encouraged him to do so. We would write to each other pretty often while on his mission. But there was a time, few months previous to his return, that I felt a literal break in the desire to continue to write to him. I could not understand what had come upon me. At about this time, my sister (who had moved to US with her husband) asked me to apply for a student visa, she said that she was pregnant, and she needed some help. I was a believer that one should stay in their place of origin to build the Stakes of Zion in our own countries.

Fueled by the disconnection from that boy in his mission and to do what God wanted me to do, I prayed, fasted, read my Patriarchal Blessing and went to the temple to get an answer. I did not get much but expected God to open doors if I was to go with my sister, otherwise to close those doors. By then, I was by the end of my nursing schooling and I was to sustain my thesis in December of that year. I was not accepted by the US embassy and that was my answer. When I told my sister, she insisted that I at least try one more time, that sometimes God tries our faith. I accepted the challenge, telling her that this would be the last time but if I’d get the same answer I would not attempt again. It turned out that I was accepted the 2nd time and I felt an overwhelming joy but also became undecisive as the boy I told you about was still writing to me, I was still not answering and he was to return from his mission at the end of September. Not sure how, but I arranged to travel the day prior to his return. I also did not present my Thesis in school.


I had been accepted to LDS Business College. I studied subjects that were somewhat related to my Nursing degree, and English as a Second language. My sister was living on the University of Utah (UoU) campus as her husband was in that school. I got to go to one of the singles wards of the UoU. There were some nice people there who spoke Spanish who became my friends, but they would leave me by myself to practice my English. I made many mistakes while speaking English (I thought I knew how to speak it; learning it in school and practicing are 2 different things,) however, in time I got around with no problems. I was living with my sister until I was forced to sleep in another place due to private issues that are not mine to tell. I ended up sleeping secretly in the church for 3 nights. I made sure that on Sunday morning I was not found on the sofa, but instead I slept on a bench in the bathroom, I hid my clothes there, so when I heard people and the lights were turning on, I immediately went to the bathroom cubicle and changed into my Sunday clothes.

I confessed what I did to my bishop, and he found a place for me free of charge for the summer. It was at that place that I found out from a Taiwanese student that there was a test that foreign nurses could take in order to become nurses in the USA, but she told me that with my English limitations I would never get to do it.

After that summer place, my bishop found a girl that had free rent from her hometown and an extra room to spare. He told me that I could be a blessing in her life. I think she was a “blessing” for me. I had a place to stay when I had no money or a job to get it, and a new friend.


As I saw that I was getting a minimum wage (a little over $5) at LDS Business College as a dishwasher and only being able to work part time with my student visa status, I thought I might give it a try taking the special test (CGFNS, Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) that would allow me to hopefully work as a nurse. So, I did it, passed the test, got licensed as an RN in Utah and started working at the UoU part time (due to my visa status). Note: None of this would have been possible, had I not gone back home to Peru 3 months after I came to the USA being home sick. I finished my thesis presentation then, and after seeing the boy who returned from his mission one last time, my parents sent me back. My mother had spent a lot of money to get me a plane ticket back, I felt I owed to her to return to the USA, plus that boy had said that if he had a reason to go to USA, he would go and find that reason.

Working as an RN gave me the chance to help pay some rent to my roommate and buy my own food. I loved working in the Maternity Unit at the UoU Hospital; I got to see babies all the time. After a few months working there, I was petitioned by the UoU Hospital to be a Resident of the USA, as they wanted me to work full time. I became a Resident 1 year later and changed my status from that of a Student. Before I became a Resident, I had started taking some classes at the UoU but I thought those classes were very expensive and were leading me no were. I was forced to take classes to keep my student visa status. So, I decided to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and apply to graduate school. I did not finish the GRE test as I was too slow to read the questions. I was later contacted by the Utah College of Nursing stating that they accepted my application, and I could start graduate school. I finished 1 or 2 quarters of schooling when I became a Resident. I now could obtain ½ tuition reimbursement as a full-time worker. I could also apply for scholarships. I could not believe that I would get a scholarship if I worked full time and go to school full time as well. So, I never had to pay any school loans. I finished school and was able to work as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.


Before and after coming to the USA, I truly never had what I was looking for. When I first moved to the singles ward in Utah, there were 2 things that marked me; I remember being in the tail end of the age group at that time when a guy asked my age, when I told him, he subtly left me by myself. Another was when some girls were complaining of not having been on a date for some weeks, and I then mentioned that I had not really dated for years (it was a lie, I had never really dated anyone), she told me “What a pathetic life!”. Since then I hid my age and condition of “a nun” to avoid humiliation. I got to go out on a date for the 1st time with a boy in Utah, after 3 or 4 times of him taking me to his family gatherings, the same story as usual happened. Even when we never kissed or held hands, I suffered as usual. I moved to a family ward away from the drama of my inability of being in a relationship. By that time, I finished graduate school and was thinking of moving out of state. I had 2 surgeries with my great UoU Hospital Health Insurance: Bilateral Pterigion removal in my eyes and a bunion fixed (I was on crutches for a while.)

When I finished school, I applied for NP jobs in different states. I lost my phone during those days, so I later realized I had missed some interview appointments. I remember at the same time I was looking for a job, I was also invested in “being found” by that special one who would gain my heart. I had to make the decision to go back to the singles ward, this time to the “older than 30 years old” one. I went there once, and found very spiritual women, when I asked myself: how come these good women are not married or “taken”? I decided I was going to like this ward, and if anything, I would make friends with these wonderful women.

At my second visit to that ward I was running away from a guy that without even knowing me was inviting me to his farm. When this guy went to find a pen to write the address, I ran to a Hispanic woman who I just met at that ward, she was talking to another guy. I started conversation with this new guy and, without him knowing at the time, he helped me to get away from the other person. I felt bad, but I did not know how to say “no” and I did not want to have to say it on his face. I took this person, who was helping me, outside the building; so hopefully the other guy would not follow me. This helper started to talk to me about things of the gospel, he even recited, by memory, the entire Book of Mormon chapters in Spanish. I found it fascinating that he did not try to take me on a date but talked to me with a sincere heart. It seemed to me that he was also trying to impress me, but not with worldly things, and impressed with him I was.

I think after I got impressed with his ability to talk about the gospel in the scriptures, I started to note his beautiful eyes and his childlike shy smile. I started to like him. We talked for a while on the grass and before we said goodbye, he asked if he could sit by me next Sunday. I had no problem with it. Next Sunday I got really excited and anticipated my meeting with him. He sat by me and was playful that Sunday. I think I invited him to a friend’s dinner to which I was invited to. He came, and after that night, he asked me on dates every other day, always going to a place where his family reunions were being held; on the 2nd date he asked me if he could hold my hand and on the 3rd date he kissed me. I could not believe it; I was feeling the way I yearned to feel for such a long time. Things quickly progressed and he proposed to me in less than 2 months. We started preparing everything for our wedding. His mom even came to help me choose my wedding dress and gave me some jewelry I was to use on our wedding day. We set up a time in January for our Temple sealing. During the month of November, he started having some anxiety issues. I felt so much compassion for him and his suffering that I wanted to return his ring to him. He never took it until the 3rd time I offered it to him. I did not want to see him suffer but his acceptance of his ring was a shock to me. We broke up at the end of November.

I was devastated. I wanted to get as far as I could away from him. He wanted to be friends. At the end of the year before new year’s day, I had an experience in which I perceived the great love God had for him, and if God loved him so much, who was I to harbor negative feelings against him. So, we remain distant friends, through emails, and sometimes he would ask me to meet in person. He started a relationship with a previous girlfriend. I became involved even more in the service of others and in the church. I went on a few dates but allowed no one to get close to me. Maybe deep inside me, I still had some hope that I would get back together with my ex-fiancé. But how could that be, he was dating someone else and I was in my world. We would still discuss gospel matters through email, when we would see each other I could feel he liked me a lot and that his feelings were still there. When he asked to meet with me, it was always because he had broken up with this girlfriend. Until once he kissed me again; and when he did not call me back and I tried to inquire about it, he told me that he was still together with the other girl. I felt used and betrayed. I decided from then on that I was going to pay attention to another boy that was trying to get close to me. That happened 1 year after our breakup.

In the remaining months with me letting go more and more, and we still being in contact and going back and forth from each other. I seriously was contemplating moving on. With this in mind, I called him and asked him to talk one last time after April conference. He came, we talked, I told him that I wanted to remain friends with him, but we were probably not seeing each other again until all our hurt feelings were healed. It seemed to go well. When we went back to his car for him to bring me back home, he told me that he had decided to date me again and that he would do it with the purpose of getting married. I froze, did not say a word the whole way. He asked me to go on a hike in a few days, I was still in shock, I said yes.

Long story short, we went on several dates since. He told me of his experiences in the temple and in general in his mind about me. I was not ready to kiss him as easily this time. He respected my wishes and we only hugged. I think it took 2 months before we started kissing again, I could have gone longer, but he needed the reassurance. Then in June, he proposed for the 2ndtime, again, at this time I froze and left him kneeling on the little rocks upon a mountain. I think I had a little panic attack. I ultimately accepted the ring again and we started planning our wedding again. We got married in August 2007. On that temple day, all was very stressful, his hand started trembling in the sealing room and I felt I could not breath on my dress at that moment that I almost stood up in the middle of the ceremony. We managed to get it over with and we got married.


I loved and love this man today. He helped me to be a mother of a mischievous and smart little boy.

I had the opportunity to truly be a mother when I lost my job and I stayed home. I loved cooking for him and telling stories, we watched movies (cartoons) together, and sometimes played sports with him; sports and active engagement activities were accomplished with his daddy. I had a dream when Jacob was 1.5 years old, when I woke up, I knew we needed to get pregnant again, I immediately had the urge to tell my husband. He told me to wait, he was not ready yet. With all my desire to be a mother again, I had to stop thinking about that, as I wanted to be on the same page as my spouse as a good Mormon should be. Little would I know that the next year I would have a strong allergic reaction to something (I blamed it to an antibiotic I took for the 2ndtime). That allergic reaction led me to a panic attack (thinking that I was having anaphylaxis or swollen respiratory tubes). I went to Urgent Care and they prescribed strong steroids that messed up with my menstrual cycles. I did not have my periods for several months and I started having hot flushes. I went to a doctor’s office to check my hormones, and I had hormonal elevations as a menopausal woman. This was a painful shock to me. I continued to take some vitamins and after going to the fertility doctor, we decided that there were many little children who did not have parents and we could become those parents, and as a bonus that little child and Jacob will be siblings. We started the process to adopt a little child through the church. A year passed by and I started having my periods again. I went to the doctor and my hormone levels were back to normal. I started to have hopes again but continued with the process of adoption.


My husband is a wonderful father to our son. He has been and is my best friend since we met. We have been through a lot as you see, but we decided to be a team from the beginning. We also decided to always tell the truth no matter how this could hurt the other. No hiding feelings or facts. Because of this, he could not hide from me that he had read the Sealed Portion of the Book of Mormon in 2013. He always had an inquisitive mind and I always wanted to have the truth. Such truth, I could not even imagine how far apart from religion it was. I could have never gotten rid of the chains of ignorance and deceiving doctrines if I had not listened to what my husband had to say about his discoveries, and because I actually decided to read it. I am eternally grateful for that. The only reason I could read the Sealed Portion, was because I treated it the same way I treated the Book of Mormon. I was to become like a little child and ask with all the sincerity of my heart if what I was reading was true or not. I was to put aside all I knew about religion and all that I had learned to find out the possibility of this book being true, the same way I did with the Book of Mormon.

It worked to open my eyes to a true gospel and to how I had let myself to be deceived. Life circumstances would also allow me the time to read, investigate and try to help with this work back in 2013.


Having Jacob in my life was and is a wonderful experience, except when I am too tired, then I am not such a good mother for Jacob. He always wanted to play and due to no other little kids around him, we, the parents had to do. He is an energetic little athletic kid. He loved jumping in the trampoline since he was 3 years old, learning to do all the tricks his dad would teach him and inventing some of his own. He learned at a young age that he could not make friends just by asking as when he was littler. He used to ask “do you want to be my friend? And the other little kids would always say yes, when he was 4 years old, he continued to do the same to try to start the play time, but he was faced with rejection. He learned from that. I tried to teach him other more subtle ways to start a friendship, but it has been hard for him. He wanted to have a sibling and it was so hard for us to explain what happened. I finally explained it when he turned 12. He was understanding and still loves me. 😊

He learned about the MWAW and the Humanity Party since he was 4 or 5. It made sense to him to have the basic necessities provided for to all in this world. He used to draw pictures about the Humanity Party being implemented and the people happy about it.

He has been a good little kid. We stopped him from going into gymnastics teams as teachers saw his potential, so he can learn to avoid feeling better than others. He accepted and understood the reason. He is kind with little kids, and sometimes that breaks my heart, as I feel he needed another sibling not only to play with but to care for and love to. Maybe he will tell you his own story someday. I hope he chooses the path we are in, but that would be entirely his choice.


Anyways… life has a way to stop your plans if that is in the best interest of your True Self. In March, in my 4th month of having my periods back, I realized that I had not recertified for my profession. I thought that when you take “the big Certification test” and you pass it, you are certified for life (within my ‘English as a second language’ understanding.) Little that I knew, I had to do that every 3 years and I was in my 5th year when I realized it. When I asked for the requirements for recertification, they told me that due to my NP program being from 2004 instead of 2005, I had to go back to school to recertify. I appealed that decision in vain. I had to stop working at the time when, a few months earlier, my husband was let go of his job as a diver as that business closed. On top of that, when I went back to school to ensure I was aware of all I needed to do to go through this process, they told me that I first needed to exchange my NP license for an RN license. In so doing, I ended up being accused of not recertifying on purpose and acting delinquently with my license. The UT Board of Nursing wanted me to sign a document admitting that I did so, in order for them to give me back my RN license. My father in law is a lawyer and told me not to sign anything. He ended up defending me against the Utah Board of Nursing personnel, who, because I asked an attorney as they recommended, in turn decided to revoke my license instead of deactivating it. I had to go to court, and I felt so badly when the lawyers were asking questions to make me say what was not true. I fell into depression. My periods stopped again, and this time forever, I entered into a premature menopause. The Church did not want to return our $1000 that we so desperately needed at that time.

We had some savings, but that got eaten fast, when my husband was trying to sell our old house as rent to own to help this guy build his credit and get the house he was renting from us. By around this same time in February and March, this person/renter who now held the title, stopped making payments towards the house to a third-party company with which we agreed on. He had the title, but our name was on the bank to pay this house loan. So, with our savings, we started to pay 2 houses at the same time (including the one we were living on). I had several credit card payments to make, so I would borrow from one credit card to pay the others and so forth for about a year. We entered more into debt. I was hoping to finish the extra semester of school and get back my license and retake the test and recertify which I did in about 6 months, the other 6 months I dedicated to hunt for a job, as the one I previously had gave me their back after 5.5 years of working there. The CEOs there were always afraid that I would drag them into my legal litigations. I never did.

By then, my father-in-law had achieved some of his goals and the Board of Nursing had to retract from revoking my license changing it to a suspension. When it was obvious to me that no one in Utah was going to let the prejudice go, and the job interviewers were judging me that I could have done something terrible to have my license revoked, I stopped using my credit cards and all payments as I could not keep up with them. I had planned to start paying them all off with my new job but given the circumstances I couldn’t. The great credit line I had was ruined. We know what the tedious process to get food stamps is all about, to work from home for pennies not knowing what would become of us. No matter how much I prayed, fasted, read my scriptures, served in my callings, and went to the temple, the circumstances did not change for us. I was still determined to keep my faith no matter how ugly things could go.

I think that all the things I have gone through in my journey to find peace, love and happiness were not in vain. They had to happen to make me the person I am today, ready to be here and accept this work in the way I did. I do not blame anyone for what I went through and accept the responsibility of my choices and reactions. I embrace my history and look forward to living life in a freer way, away from guilt and condemnation and full of acceptance. This is what this Real Truth has taught me! So, going back to the beginning of my journey finding this amazing work…


It was in this circumstances that in September of 2013 my husband told me that he had read the Sealed Portion. He was sweating when he told me about it, as he thought I was going to divorce him. I started the process of learning about this work becoming like a little child and inquiring about it just as I did with the Book of Mormon. It took me a while (1-2 weeks) to let my husband know how that book was affecting me in a positive way.

When my pride was subdued, I was able to tell him that I knew the book was telling the truth, at least the truth I needed at that time. He started to bombard me with what he had read in the other books. He is a book devourer, he read fast. I am thankful he did, as I was slowly getting there in knowledge, but my conviction was already there. My temple recommend was expiring at the end of September, I had to go to the temple that last day and see it all with different eyes.

I then wanted to share all the news with our Spanish speaking brothers and sisters, so I volunteered to help with translation. I had the time and the desire to do so. So, I was called to the task, I guess by my True Self. I just knew I had to do it. During September through December, my husband and I still held our callings in the church. In our teaching positions, it became harder and harder to teach what we were expected to teach. I started to incorporate and focus my lessons on some of the truths of the Real Gospel instead of on the manuals. It was in December 2013 symposium that my husband took me to meet Christopher. He warned me about the profane language he might use, but I had already listened to the MWAW TV shows, furthermore, the “swear words” don’t mean too much to me in English, so I was never bothered. Now, even if I would listen to them in Spanish, I know they are just words that convey an emotional state. We did not want to make a huge deal but needed to leave the church. So, we devised a plan. As my mother was visiting with us in those days, we told the ward we were going to the Spanish ward with my mom. We never did, I always took my mother to church though. And that is how we left the church. Once in a while, members from the English and Spanish wards would stop us at church or neighborhood activities to tell me: “Sister Monica, long time no see, I thought you were inactive”, to which I would respond: “Not at all, in fact, I am more active in the gospel than ever”, then they would not have anything else to say to me and would leave me alone.

I was initially very frightened on how I would be able to raise my son without the church. But then, I realized that there was nothing to be afraid of. It was even simpler than I thought. I just had to teach him to be happy, to be himself and find happiness in that. To treat others not only the way he wanted to be treated, but the way they wanted to be treated. I am amazed how all these simple concepts are so easy to understand by a mind that has not been conditioned by religion. My son is certainly grateful for not having to go to church to be forced to sing the primary songs that would hurt his throat; that is all he remembers from church.

We were still visiting our family members and even when we were upfront with our family members from the beginning, telling them that we were not in the church anymore, but we could continue to visit with them and accompany them in their church affairs when there was an important event for them such as baptisms or baby blessings. They always talked about their church in front of us and we patiently listened, but if we tried to talk about the importance of solving poverty through the plan of the Humanity Party, we were always shut down. Before they knew we were out of the church, we tried to talk about these concepts of solving poverty and this would resonate with the compassionate ones; but once they knew that we were obtaining the information from the same source that made us leave the church, they would not give this plan another chance.

As I could not find a job in Utah due to the judgmental mind of the people there, we thought we might try outside of the state to find a job in my profession. We were pretty broke, barely having enough for our needs and trying to keep up with all the bills. We have finally been freed with Real Truth. We decided to try more liberal states and after some searching found a job in California. I have to work full time and I wish I could work less; I have tried to request less hours of work, without success. Someone once asked me if I liked my work. I said yes, but what I meant is that I like to help people, in a way that they can learn to heal themselves. I meant that I don’t do something I hate doing like many others, but certainly, I wish it would take less of my time. In that way, I could do with my time what I really want to do, which is to dedicate it to this work in any capacity I could.

We have been engaged with this plan of the Humanity Party and the MWAW concepts for about 7 years. We have found many true friends in this work. We have found the True Messenger who has brought the message we were promised in the beginning by our True Selves. What else could we ask for. I know all I ever wanted to know about life and religion through the Marvelous Work and a Wonder and from the Humanity Party’s plan I’ve come to know that it is possible to heal the physical and emotional wounds of the poor and the afflicted in our world. This plan can eliminate poverty and inequality for ALL in a matter of weeks. It blows my mind how not everyone is behind this plan at once. I am passionate about this work and what it represents for all of us as a group of humans.

Thanks to this work, I have been able to truly look at all the humans like little children and accept and celebrate what makes them happy without judgment. Nothing, nothing could have persuaded me to leave the church but the Real Truth that I found in this work and that made more sense than anything else out there. We have met with our messenger on a few occasions and can assure from my experience that he is a very nice human being full of compassion for others around him. He has sacrificed so much to help our whole group of humans, even if the majority of us humans do not like or agree with the amazing information and plan he has presented to the world. He is truly the One like unto the Son of man, in religious terms. But he is as humble as can be, yet as a messenger he needs to use his two-edged sword language, in hopes that most of us wake up from the sleep we are in and try to think for ourselves. He is one of the True Messengers; if we listen to them, they will lead us in the way of life and salvation.

I love this work with all my might, soul and strength and I love and respect my True Messenger whom I have seen, but also those behind the scenes who orchestrated so many times a way to help us remember without violating our free will. To them, goes my deep respect and gratefulness for their patience with us and for helping in protecting our current messenger. I want to do everything in my power to set my light high as I receive it from the True Vine.

Monica Cook


Hace mucho, mucho tiempo, en una galaxia muy, muy lejana… Yo nací en la “Eterna Ciudad de la Primavera” en Perú. Fui el producto del gozo de mis padres antes de casarse. Soy la primera de 4 hermanos. Mis padres trabajaron para el Sistema de Salud de Perú como asistentes médicos. No tengo muchos recuerdos de cuando era menor de 3 o 4 años, pero tal vez parte de algunas imágenes de un terremoto. Y las memorias después de los 4 años, me recuerdan a mi madre siempre trayéndonos algo que comer y dividiéndolo en 4 partes, y también a mi papa jugando con nosotros en el patio o jardín trasero.

Mis padres me tomaron muchas fotos de mi como su primera hija. Mi maestra de primaria me describía como un “pequeño diablillo” porque siempre estaba corriendo, saltando, deslizándome, etc. y siempre terminaba con una “cara roja”. Cuando tenía 7 años, recuerdo que uno de mis hermanos era tímido y otros niños se burlaban de él, yo siempre trataba de defenderlo incluso contra los niños mayores. Una vez, me golpearon en el pecho por tratar de defenderlo. No estoy segura de por qué, pero siempre sentí que necesitaba defender a los indefensos, aun si al hacerlo me meto en problemas. Había otros niños en mi calle que también eran tímidos, y los otros niños “chéveres” los ridiculizaban y se burlaban de ellos. Yo era su amiga, pero me hubiera gustado poder hacer más por ellos. Algunos de estos jóvenes llegaron a alocarse y tuvieron que tomar medicamentos. A medida que los niños de mi calle se convirtieron en adultos, nos separamos y me siento mal por haber perdido contacto con ellos, aún más, cuando vine a Estados Unidos.

Pienso que fui una niña feliz, nada fuera de lo común, así que espero que mi historia no sea demasiado aburrida. Mis padres siempre estaban trabajando, pero nosotros nunca estuvimos solos, pues nuestra bisabuela estaba viviendo inicialmente con nosotros hasta que el día en que murió cuando yo tenía 6 años. Después de ese período de tiempo, siempre teníamos una niñera viviendo con nosotros que cocinaba, limpiaba y hacía todo el trabajo de la casa. Recuerdo que a menudo cambiábamos de niñera, y más tarde en la vida me enteré de la razón, y no fue porque éramos incorregibles, sino debido a otros problemas familiares.

Nunca fuimos ricos ni pobres, pero teníamos suficiente para nuestras necesidades. Hubieron ocasiones en que no teníamos más remedio que comer comida que no estaba en tan buen estado, me pregunto cómo no nos enfermamos en aquel entonces. Mi madre tuvo que ir a trabajar con la parte de su familia que era adinerada para poder conseguirnos ropa. Nosotros siempre tuvimos un solo regalo de Navidad, y a veces el regalo era ropa. Hablando de otro tema, siempre me gustó experimentar con las cosas. Mis hermanos y yo poníamos una gruesa manta de lana en las escaleras y nos resbalábamos en ella hasta el final. Yo hacía un columpio con sábanas y sostenía a mis hermanos mientras se balanceaban, a veces alguien salía volando; sin embargo, no nos lastimamos demasiado. Cuando salíamos, nos gustaba subir a las paredes de los edificios de 1 piso (no terminados) y corríamos y jugábamos “a las chapaditas” (a pillar) en la parte superior de esas paredes sin miedo a caer. Solo me lastimé una vez cuando subía las escaleras en casa corriendo y volteé muy rápido hacia el baño y me golpeé la frente en el soporte de mármol del papel higiénico. Me pusieron 2 o 3 puntos. Cuando era niña me sentía libre, me divertí muchísimo. Esta es la clase de diversión que hubiera deseado para mi hijo, quien ha sido privado del juego entre hermanos o incluso primos cercanos debido a las circunstancias de la vida.

Siento que fui una niña durante mucho tiempo; hasta que empecé a sentir la responsabilidad por los demás en mi entorno. Recuerdo que a los 7 años quise ayudar a lavar los platos, y fui recompensada con esa tarea como mi responsabilidad a partir de entonces. Después de un tiempo, no me gustó, pues esto restaba el tiempo que tenía para jugar. Me adapté y me resigné a las expectativas, pero el hecho de que pude continuar jugando me ayudó a soportar responsabilidades no deseadas. En mi travieso juego a diario, a menudo cometí errores donde terminaba rompiendo algo de valor para mis padres. Todos sabíamos que recibiríamos un castigo físico con una correa o con la punta del tallo de una flor artificial. ¡Vaya, que era muy doloroso! y dejaba marcas en nuestra piel por muchos días. Yo recibía 5 latigazos y mis hermanos recibían 1 o 2 menos que yo de acuerdo a su edad. A medida que crecíamos, siempre fui yo la que recibió más latigazos. Con el tiempo, aprendí a ponerme capas de ropa para evitar demasiado dolor hasta que mis padres descubrieron mi secreto. No culpo a mis padres por la forma en que corrigieron mi comportamiento, ellos lo aprendieron de sus padres. Ellos hicieron lo mejor que pudieron con el conocimiento que tenían en este tiempo. Sin embargo, siento que fui una niña feliz a pesar de los castigos que recibí por ejercer mi libertad para hacer lo que deseaba y, al hacerlo, cometer errores.


Siento que mi infancia terminó a los 12 años. Me pregunto por qué, tal vez hormonas, tal vez nuestras circunstancias familiares. Recuerdo que pasé de ser una niña feliz y extrovertida a ser una persona triste, tímida e introvertida. Cuando empecé a notar que mis padres estaban teniendo problemas, yo me convertí en el punto medio entre ellos. Más tarde, me enteré de que teníamos una media-hermana con la que nunca realmente hablé y cuando lo intenté, arruiné la “casi” relación con ella debido a mis palabras mormonas supuestamente virtuosas y a las ideas que mi madre herida me había enseñado. A menudo yo era el hombro para que mi madre llorara, y también lo era para mi padre, cuando llegaba borracho hablando de sus remordimientos. Yo me convertí en la esponja que absorbía los malos sentimientos / acciones que ellos tenían el uno contra el otro y les entregaba un mensaje más amable para evitar que la situación empeorara.

Mis años de adolescencia fueron muy similares a cuando cumplí 12 años. Yo tenía pocos amigos, y cuando por alguna razón estos me daban la espalda, sufría en silencio por un tiempo. Sin embargo, estos episodios no duraban mucho; yo olvidaba pronto y continuaba con nuestra amistad. A mí me gustaban los chicos, pero siempre había una chica que era más rápida e inteligente que yo en ese sentido y terminaba siendo la novia del chico que me gustaba. Este fue el tiempo del amor platónico para mí, que en aquella época, parecía tan devastador.


Nunca aborrecí la escuela. Siempre estaba esperando la hora del recreo por la diversión que tendría. En la escuela media y secundaria, me gustaban todos los temas, pero más aún, me interesaban las partes y funciones de las plantas y los animales; esto no era nada comparado con lo que aprendí acerca del cuerpo humano. Me fascinaba su anatomía y fisiología no sólo a nivel macroscópico, sino también en los niveles celulares y químicos junto con la física que forma parte de este. Por tanto, yo tenía perros y me encantaba jugar con ellos y recibir su amor. Yo era la que les quitaba las pulgas, para que no fueran atormentados con la rascadera. Una vez, ayudé a una paloma que fue herida por mi perro, la alimenté y cuidé de sus heridas hasta que las plumas comenzaron a crecer, sólo para que mi perro juguetón jugara con ésta de nuevo. Esta vez la paloma no logró sobrevivir a pesar de todos mis esfuerzos. Otras de mis experiencias incluyen el ayudar a mi padre cuando venía borracho; me quedaba con él porque temía vomitar y luego limpiaba todo. En una ocasión divertida al ayudar a mi hermano que estaba vomitando, le pedí a mi hermana que se quedara con él mientras yo corría a buscar artículos de limpieza; cuando regresé, ambos estaban vomitando en el mismo inodoro. 😊

Creo que durante el tiempo que pasé ayudando a otros a mi alrededor que necesitaban ayuda, y debido a que disfrutaba el conocimiento de la formación de una vida y de cómo esta puede continuar en una senda saludable, que todo esto más adelante me ayudó a decidí ser una enfermera. Mi madre quería que fuera médico; lo intenté por ella, pero mis puntuaciones sólo me permitieron ir a la Escuela de Enfermería. En Perú, los peruanos terminamos la escuela secundaria a la edad de 16 años, así que tuve tiempo de ir a clases preparatorias para entrar en una Universidad. Tenemos Universidades gratuitas en Perú, así como privadas. Yo no pagué ni un centavo por mi educación, aparte de un juego de libros que mi padre consiguió para mí, mis boletos de autobús y algunos suministros necesarios para algunas clases. Yo fui a la biblioteca para cumplir con la mayoría de mis tareas escolares requeridas. Ahora que lo pienso, además de los estudios, esta también debe haber sido una manera que utilice para evitar estar en casa todo el tiempo mientras lidiaba con la situación de mis padres.


En medio de la agitación de la situación de mi familia (donde 2 de los 4 hermanos se volvieron insociables/tímidos/deprimidos y 2 de ellos se volvieron súper extrovertidos probando alcohol y drogas), y siendo de crianza católica con muy poca asistencia a esa iglesia, nosotros terminamos aprendiendo acerca de la Iglesia Mormona y de su Libro de Mormón. Para ser honestos, en este punto de nuestras vidas, esta iglesia nos ayudó a no desmoronarnos y hacer locuras, con la ESPERANZA de un mundo mejor. A medida que nos involucramos con ésta, todos nos bautizamos en diferentes tiempos, excepto mi padre. A medida que nos volvimos súper activos, nuestros fines de semana que eran para descansar se convirtieron en los días más ocupados de la semana, llenos de responsabilidades y llamamientos de la iglesia. Fue en aquella época en cuando también nos involucramos con shows de talentos: cantando, bailando y actuando escenas teatrales de las historias del Libro de Mormón. Nos hicimos famosos en nuestro barrio y estaca no sólo por nuestros talentos, sino por nuestra dedicación a la iglesia.

Todo el mundo se sorprendió cuando anuncié en un discurso en la estaca (presionada por mis líderes) que iba a servir una misión. Tuve que posponer mis estudios universitarios por 18 meses. Mis maestros discreparon enérgicamente conmigo por lo que había decidido y me amenazaron con las consecuencias. A mí no me importó, yo deseaba compartir el Evangelio para que los demás pudieran ser tan felices como yo. Erróneamente interferí con sus vidas y les “mostré el mejor camino”. Mi orgullo y ego me engañaron haciéndome creer que era por el bien de ellos. Del mismo modo que continuaría engañándome para que continuara sirviendo en la Iglesia en cualquier capacidad que pudiera después de mi misión. Siempre oraba y ayunaba, iba al templo tan a menudo como podía, hacía la obra genealógica tanto como pudiera, abría la boca para compartir el Evangelio que se encuentra en el Libro de Mormón.

Siempre fui una persona romántica. Soñaba con encontrar a alguien con quien pudiera compartir mi vida. Después de ser miembro de la iglesia SUD, no tenía ninguna duda de que esto podría ser posible. Me gustó alguien antes de mi misión y 2 chicos más después de mi misión mientras estaba en Perú. Y en los EE.UU., sólo me permití quedar enamorada de 1 joven en mi barrio de solteros, antes de conocer a mi esposo. En cada uno de estos casos, había alguien más experimentada que yo que se llevaba al joven que inicialmente estaba interesado en mí, para estar con ellas. Al ir creciendo fui besada en las circunstancias más extrañas. Una des estas veces fue en un juego como castigo cuando tenía 12 años, mi primo me besó cuando estaba dormida, el ex novio de mi hermana me besó cuando intentaba consolarlo después de que mi hermana rompiera con él. En la iglesia, uno de los poseedores del sacerdocio que era casado también me besó. Mientras estaba en mi misión, confesé a mi Presidente de Misión que me sentía culpable de haber sido besada por un hombre casado y me sentía indigna de ser misionera; quien con tal alivio (de que no rompí la Ley de Castidad) me dijo que el Señor me había perdonado.

Al regresar de mi misión, siendo una eterna romántica y estando muy activamente involucrada con los asuntos de la Iglesia, otros líderes del sacerdocio que eran casados aprovecharon para abrazarme, diciéndome que yo era el tipo de persona que querían como madre de sus hijos. Otro tipo me dijo que había orado, ayunado, ido al templo, y que el Señor le había respondido que yo debía ser su esposa; después de superar mi culpabilidad porque él no me gustaba para ese propósito, recurrí a la escritura en D&C que dice, que ambos necesitábamos regocijarnos y ambos necesitábamos ser edificados acerca de esta respuesta, y yo no lo estaba. Siempre me ha costado hacer o decir algo que sé que podría herir los sentimientos de alguien más.

Estando en Utah no fue diferente que en Perú en el aspecto de las relaciones personales. Recuerdo que no tenía automóvil y en la nieve estaba esperando al autobús. En aquellos días, si alguien de mi barrio, joven u obispado me veía en la calle, por lo general me ofrecían transportarme a casa. En medio de la noche, vi que un auto se detuvo y me pareció que alguien mayor estaba manejando, pensé que era un miembro del obispado. Me subí al auto y vi a alguien con pantalones cortos. Fue entonces cuando me di cuenta de mi error. Pero confiando en que estaba en Utah (solía pensar que había mucha gente buena que sólo quería ayudar) no le pedí que detuviera el auto, me disculpé por la confusión y le dije dónde vivía. Antes de llegar a mi apartamento él me preguntó si podíamos salir en una cita, no quise hacerle sentir mal y solo dije que yo nunca salgo con nadie que acabo de conocer por primera vez. Me dejó salir y le agradecí por el transporte. Mi compañera de cuarto casi me comió viva por haber hecho eso. Ella dijo que podría haber sido violada.

Mi vida amorosa siempre fue en la misma medida llena de amores platónicos durante muchos años. Antes y después de mi misión, yo era muy incauta y no sabía qué hacer para llamar la atención de un joven. Supongo que no me daba cuenta de que ya tenía su atención, sino que tal vez, ellos esperaban más de mí. Yo, en cambio, me emocionaba mucho cuando 2 personas estaban saliendo, sin embargo, si ellos tenían dudas acerca de su relación, de alguna manera, venían a mí para hablar de ello. Yo me convertiría en el cupido de mi barrio, ayudando (en mi mente) a varias parejas a terminar comprometiéndose y casándose. Si bien ayudé o no, me emocionaba que ellos pudieran obtener lo que no tenía. No sé cómo están ellos hoy en día. Fui muy ingenua, siempre pensando que el Señor ayudaría a todos en sus relaciones si ellos tenían el deseo de estar juntos y eran fieles a Dios, que Dios proveería todo y cualquier cosa, pasara lo que pasara.


Yo estaba viviendo mi vida en Perú, había conocido a un joven y después de un tiempo de ser amigos, empecé a sentir algo por él, creo que este es el único joven antes que mi esposo que no dejó que otras chicas se metieran en el medio. Siempre fuimos amigos y en realidad nunca salimos en citas, sentí que nos gustábamos, él era menor que yo y tenía que ir a una misión. Así que lo animé a hacerlo. Nos escribíamos el uno al otro muy a menudo mientras él estaba en su misión. Pero hubo un tiempo, unos meses antes de su regreso, que sentí una literal ruptura en el deseo de seguir escribiéndole. No podía entender lo que había sucedido conmigo. En aquel tiempo, mi hermana (que se había mudado a Estados Unidos con su esposo) me pidió que solicitara una visa de estudiante, dijo que estaba embarazada y necesitaba ayuda. Yo estaba convencida de que uno debía permanecer en su lugar de origen para edificar las Estacas de Sión en nuestros propios países.

Impulsada por la desconexión con ese joven en su misión y a fin de hacer lo que Dios quería que hiciera, yo oré, ayuné, leí mi Bendición Patriarcal y fui al templo para obtener una respuesta. No recibí mucho, pero esperaba que Dios abriera puertas si se suponía que debía a ir con mi hermana, de lo contrario Él cerraría esas puertas. Para ese entonces, yo estaba terminando la Escuela de Enfermería e iba a sostener mi tesis en diciembre de ese año. No fui aceptada por la embajada de EE.UU. y esa fue mi respuesta. Cuando le dije a mi hermana, ella insistió en que al menos lo intentara una vez más, que a veces Dios prueba nuestra fe. Acepté el desafío, diciéndole que esta sería la última vez, pero si obtenía la misma respuesta no lo intentaría otra vez. Resultó que me aceptaron la 2da vez y sentí una alegría abrumadora, pero también me sentí indecisa, pues el joven del que les hablé todavía me escribía, yo seguía sin responder y él regresaría de su misión a finales de septiembre. No estoy segura de cómo, pero me las arreglé para viajar el día antes de su regreso. Tampoco presenté mi tesis en la universidad.


Me habían aceptado en el LDS Business College. Estudié cursos que estaban algo relacionados con mi título de Enfermería, e Inglés como Segundo Idioma. Mi hermana estaba viviendo en el campus de la Universidad de Utah (UdU), pues su esposo estudiaba en esa universidad. Me tocó ir a uno de los barrios de solteros de la UdU. Había algunas personas agradables allí que hablaban español quienes se convirtieron en mis amigos, pero ellos me dejaban sola para que practicara mi inglés. Cometí muchos errores al hablar inglés (pensé que sabía cómo hablarlo; pero aprenderlo en la escuela y practicarlo son 2 cosas diferentes), sin embargo, con el tiempo llegué a comunicarme sin problemas. Yo estuve viviendo con mi hermana hasta que me vi obligada a dormir en otro lugar debido a problemas privados que no son míos para contar. Terminé durmiendo en secreto en la capilla de mi barrio por 3 noches. Me aseguré de que el domingo por la mañana no me encontraran en el sofá, en su lugar dormí en una banca en el baño, había escondido mi ropa allí, así que cuando oí a la gente y vi que las luces se estaban encendiendo, inmediatamente fui al cubículo del baño y me cambié a mi ropa de domingo.

Le confesé a mi obispo lo que había hecho, y él encontró un lugar para mí libre de costos para el verano. Fue en ese lugar donde me enteré por medio de una estudiante taiwanés que existía un examen que las enfermeras extranjeras podían tomar para convertirse en enfermeras en EE.UU., pero ella me dijo que con mis limitaciones del idioma inglés nunca llegaría a lograrlo. Después de vivir en ese lugar durante el verano, mi obispo encontró una muchacha que tenía alquiler gratuito por medio de su ciudad natal con una habitación extra. Me dijo que yo podía ser una bendición en su vida. Pienso que ella fue una “bendición” para mí. Yo obtuve un lugar donde quedarme cuando no tenía dinero ni trabajo para conseguirlo, y una nueva amiga.


Al ver que estaba recibiendo un salario mínimo (un poco más de $5/h) en el LDS Business College como lavaplatos y como sólo podía trabajar tiempo parcial con mi estatus de visa de estudiante, pensé que podría intentar tomar el especial examen (CGFNS, Comisión de Graduados de Escuelas de Enfermería Extranjeras) que, con suerte, me permitiría trabajar como enfermera. Así que lo hice, pasé la prueba, obtuve una licencia como RN (Enfermera Registrada) en Utah y comencé a trabajar a tiempo parcial en la UdU (debido al estatus de mi visa). Nota: Nada de esto habría sido posible, si no hubiera vuelto a casa (a Perú) 3 meses después de venir a los EE.UU. debido a que estrañaba mi casa. Fue entonces, cuando terminé con la presentación de mi tesis, y después de ver al joven que regresó de su misión una última vez, mis padres me enviaron de regreso. Mi madre había gastado mucho dinero para comprarme un boleto de avión de regreso, que sentí que era mi deber regresar a los EE.UU., además ese joven me había dicho que si tenía una razón para ir a EE.UU., él iría y encontraría esa razón.

El trabajar como una RN (enfermera registrada) me dio la oportunidad de ayudar a pagar un poco de alquiler a mi compañera de apartamento y de comprar mi propia comida. Me encantaba trabajar en la Unidad de Maternidad del Hospital de la UdU; podía ver bebés todo el tiempo. Después de unos meses trabajando allí, el Hospital de la UdU hizo una solicitud para que fuera residente de los EE.UU., pues ellos querían que trabajara a tiempo completo. Me convertí en una residente 1 año más tarde y mi estatus cambió de estudiante a residente. Antes de convertirme en residente, había comenzado a tomar algunas clases en la UdU, pero pensé que esas clases eran muy caras y que no me estaban llevando a ningún lado. Me vi forzada a tomar clases para mantener mi estatus de visa de estudiante. Así que decidí tomar el examen GRE (Examen Record para Graduados) y aplicar a la universidad para un posgrado. No terminé la prueba GRE, pues era demasiada lenta para leer las preguntas en inglés. Más adelante fui contactada por el Colegio de Enfermería de Utah indicando que aceptaban mi solicitud, y que podía comenzar mis estudios de posgrado. Había terminado 1 o 2 trimestres en la universidad cuando me convertí en una Residente. Ahora podría obtener un reembolso de matrícula de la ½ de los costos como trabajadora a tiempo completo. También podría solicitar becas. No podía creer que obtendría una beca si trabajara a tiempo completo e iba a la universidad a tiempo completo también. Así que nunca tuve que pagar ningún préstamo escolar. Terminé el postgrado en la universidad y pude trabajar como Enfermera Graduada en la Salud de la Mujer.


Antes y después de venir a EE.UU., realmente nunca obtuve lo que estaba buscando. Cuando me mudé por primera vez al barrio de solteros en Utah, hubo 2 cosas que me marcaron; recuerdo que estaba al final de la edad grupal en aquel tiempo cuando un joven me preguntó mi edad, cuando se lo dije, él sutilmente me dejó sola. Otra fue cuando algunas chicas se estaban quejando de no haber tenido una cita durante algunas semanas, y cuando mencioné que yo realmente no había salido en citas durante años (era una mentira, nunca había salido realmente con nadie), ella me dijo “¡Qué vida tan patética!”. Desde entonces oculté mi edad y condición de “monja” para evitar la humillación. Aconteció que salir en una cita por 1ra vez con un joven en Utah, después de 3 o 4 veces de él me llevara a sus reuniones familiares, sucedió la misma historia de siempre. Incluso cuando nunca nos besamos ni nos tomamos de la mano, yo sufrí como siempre. Me mudé a un barrio familiar lejos del drama de mi incapacidad de tener una relación. Para ese entonces, yo había terminado la escuela de posgrado y estaba pensando en mudarme fuera del estado. Tuve 2 cirugías con mi gran seguro médico del Hospital de la UdU: Una fue la extirpación bilateral de Pterigion en mis ojos y la otra fue para quitarme un juanete (estuve en muletas por un tiempo.)

Cuando terminé la universidad, solicité trabajos de NP (Enfermera Graduada) en diferentes estados. Perdí mi teléfono durante esos días, así que más adelante me di cuenta de que había perdido algunas citas para entrevistas de trabajo. Recuerdo que al mismo tiempo en que estaba buscando un trabajo, también me dediqué a “ser encontrada” por aquella persona especial que ganaría mi corazón. Tuve que tomar la decisión de volver al barrio de solteros, esta vez al barrio de “más de 30 años”. La primera vez que fui allí, encontré mujeres muy espirituales, que me pregunté: ¿por qué estas buenas mujeres no están casadas o han sido “tomadas”? Decidí que este barrio me iba a gustar, aunque no fuera más que por volverme amiga de estas maravillosas mujeres.

En mi segunda visita a ese barrio estaba huyendo de un tipo que sin siquiera conocerme me estaba invitando a su granja. Cuando este tipo fue a buscar un bolígrafo para escribir la dirección de esa granja, corrí al lado de una mujer hispana que yo había acabado de conocer en ese barrio, ella estaba hablando con otro muchacho. Empecé a conversar con este nuevo chico y, sin que lo supiera en aquel momento, él me ayudó a alejarme de la otra persona. Me sentí mal, pero yo no sabía cómo decir “no” y no quería decirlo en su cara. Tomé a esta persona, que me estaba ayudando, a las afueras de la capilla; esperando que el otro tipo no me siguiera. Este ayudante comenzó a hablarme de cosas del Evangelio, incluso recitó de memoria capítulos enteros del Libro de Mormón en español. Me pareció fascinante que no tratara de invitarme a una cita, sino que me hablara con un corazón sincero. Me pareció que él también estaba tratando de impresionarme, pero no con cosas mundanas, e impresionada con él quedé.

Pienso que después de que quedé impresionada con su capacidad de hablar acerca del evangelio en las escrituras, comencé a notar sus hermosos ojos y su ingenua y tímida sonrisa. Me empezó a gustar este muchacho. Hablamos por un largo rato en el césped y antes de despedirnos, me preguntó si podía sentarse a mi lado el próximo domingo. No tuve ningún problema con eso. El próximo domingo, con anticipación, me sentí muy emocionada de volverlo a ver. Se sentó junto a mí y vi su lado juguetón ese domingo. Creo que lo invité a la cena de una amiga a la que me habían invitado. Él vino, y después de esa noche, me pidió salir en citas dejando un día, siempre yendo a un lugar donde se celebraban las reuniones de su familia; en la 2da cita me preguntó si podíamos tomarnos de la mano y en la 3ra cita me besó. No podía creerlo; me estaba sintiendo de la forma en que siempre anhelé sentirme durante tanto tiempo. Las cosas progresaron rápidamente y me propuso matrimonio en menos de 2 meses. Empezamos a preparar todo para nuestra boda. Su madre incluso vino a ayudarme a elegir mi vestido de novia y me dio algunas joyas que usaría el día de nuestra boda. Establecimos una fecha en enero para nuestro sellamiento en el Templo. Durante el mes de noviembre, él empezó a tener algunos problemas de ansiedad. Sentí compasión por él y su sufrimiento que quise devolverle su anillo. Nunca lo tomó sino hasta la 3ra vez que se lo ofrecí. No quería verlo sufrir, pero la aceptación de su anillo fue un shock para mí. Rompimos nuestro noviazgo a finales de noviembre.

Yo estaba devastada. Quise alejarme lo más que pudiera de él. Él quería que continuáramos siendo amigos. Al final del año antes del día del Año Nuevo, tuve una experiencia en la que percibí el gran amor que Dios tenía por él, y si Dios lo amaba tanto, quien era yo para albergar sentimientos negativos contra él. Por lo tanto, seguimos siendo amigos de lejos, a través de correos electrónicos, y a veces él me pedía que nos reuniéramos en persona. Él comenzó una relación con una novia anterior. Yo me involucré aún más en el servicio de los demás y en la iglesia. Fui a unas cuantas citas, pero no permití que nadie me expresara sus sentimientos. Tal vez en lo profundo de mí, todavía tenía alguna esperanza de que volveríamos a estar juntos con mi ex-fiancé. Pero ¿cómo podría ser eso? él estaba saliendo con otra persona y yo estaba en mi mundo. Todavía discutíamos los asuntos del evangelio por correo electrónico, cuando nos veíamos, todavía podía sentir que le gustaba mucho y que sus sentimientos seguían ahí. Cuando él pedía reunirse conmigo, era siempre porque había roto con esta novia. Hasta que una vez me besó de nuevo; y cuando al siguiente día no me devolvió la llamada y traté de indagar al respecto, él me dijo que todavía estaba en una relación con la otra chica. Me sentí usada y traicionada. A partir de entonces decidí que iba a prestar atención a otro chico que estaba tratando de acercarse a mí. Eso sucedió 1 año después de la ruptura de nuestro compromiso.

En los meses restantes conmigo dejando pasar el tiempo más y más, y estando todavía en contacto con él y volviéndonos a ver y dejando de hacerlo. Yo estaba seriamente considerando voltear la página. Con esto en mente, lo llamé y le pedí que habláramos una última vez después de la Conferencia General de abril. Él vino, hablamos, le dije que quería que continuáramos siendo amigos, pero que probablemente no nos íbamos a ver hasta que todos nuestros sentimientos heridos fueran sanados. Pareció que todo fue bien en nuestra conversación. Cuando volvimos a su auto para que me trajera de vuelta a casa, él me dijo que había decidido salir conmigo de nuevo y que lo haría con el propósito de casarse conmigo. Me quedé congelada, no dije una palabra en todo el camino. Me pidió que fuéramos a una caminata en las montañas en unos días más, yo todavía estaba en shock, pero dije que sí.

Para acortar la larga historia, nosotros fuimos en varias citas desde entonces. Me habló de sus experiencias en el templo y en general las experiencias en su mente acerca de mí. Esta vez no estaba lista para besarlo tan fácilmente. Él respetó mis deseos y sólo nos abrazamos. Creo que pasaron 2 meses antes de que empezáramos a besarnos de nuevo, yo podría haber seguido así por más tiempo, pero él necesitaba sentir una confirmación. Luego, en junio, el me propuso matrimonio por 2da vez, nuevamente, en aquel momento me congelé, y lo dejé arrodillado en las pequeñas rocas sobre una montaña. Creo que tuve un pequeño ataque de pánico. Al final acepté el anillo de nuevo y comenzamos a planear nuestra boda de nuevo. Nos casamos en agosto 2007. Ese día en el templo, todo fue muy estresante, su mano comenzó a temblar en la sala de sellamientos y yo sentí que no podía respirar dentro de mi vestido en aquel momento, que casi me levanté en medio de la ceremonia. Nos las arreglamos para terminar con este paso y finalmente nos casamos.


Amé y amo a este hombre en la actualidad. Él me ayudó a ser madre de un pequeñito travieso e inteligente.

Tuve la oportunidad de verdaderamente ser madre cuando perdí mi trabajo y me quedé en casa. Me encantaba cocinar para él y contar historias, veíamos películas (dibujos animados) juntos, y a veces hacía deportes con él; su papá se encargó de participar con él en los deportes y actividades de participación activa. Cuando Jacob tenía 1 año y medio yo tuve un sueño, y cuando desperté, supe que necesitábamos volver a tener otro hijo(a) e inmediatamente tuve la necesidad de decírselo a mi esposo. Él me dijo que esperara, que él aún no estaba listo. Con todo mi deseo de volver a ser madre, tuve que dejar de pensar en eso, pues quería estar en la misma página que mi esposo como toda buena mormona. Sin imaginármelo, el año siguiente tendría una fuerte reacción alérgica contra algo (le eché la culpa a un antibiótico que tomé por segunda vez). Esa reacción alérgica me llevó a un ataque de pánico (pensando que estaba teniendo anafilaxia o inflamación de tubos respiratorios). Fui a una Clínica de Urgencias y me recetaron esteroides fuertes que se hicieron que mis ciclos menstruales se alteraran. No tuve mis períodos durante varios meses y comencé a tener bochornos. Fui al consultorio de un médico para chequear mis hormonas, y tuve elevaciones hormonales como mujer menopáusica. Esto fue un doloroso shock para mí. Seguí tomando algunas vitaminas y después de consultar con un médico de infertilidad, decidimos que había muchos niños pequeños que no tenían padres y que podíamos convertirnos en esos padres para ellos, y como parte de la ventaja que ese niño pequeño y Jacob serían hermanos. Comenzamos el proceso para adoptar a un niño pequeño a través de la iglesia. Pasó un año y comencé a tener mis ciclos menstruales de nuevo. Fui al médico y mis niveles hormonales volvieron a la normalidad. Empecé a tener esperanzas de nuevo, pero continuamos con el proceso de adopción.


Mi esposo es un padre maravilloso para nuestro hijo. Él ha sido y es mi mejor amigo desde que nos conocimos. Como ven, hemos pasado por muchas cosas juntos, pero decidimos ser un equipo desde el principio. También decidimos siempre decirnos la verdad sin importar si esto pudiera herir al otro, sin ocultar sentimientos o hechos. Debido a esto, él no pudo ocultarme que había leído la Porción Sellada del Libro de Mormón en 2013. Él siempre tuvo una mente inquisitiva y yo siempre quise obtener la verdad. Tal verdad, ni siquiera me hubiera podido imaginar lo lejos que estaba de ser hallada en la religión. Yo nunca podría haberme librado de las cadenas de la ignorancia y de doctrinas engañosas si no hubiera escuchado lo que mi esposo tenía que decir acerca de sus descubrimientos, y si en realidad no hubiera decidido leerlo. Estoy eternamente agradecida por esto. La única razón por la que pude leer la Porción Sellada fue porque la tratédel mismo modo en que traté al Libro de Mormón. Tuve que convertirme como un niño pequeñito y preguntar con toda la sinceridad de mi corazón si lo que estaba leyendo era o no verdad. Tuve que dejar de lado todo lo que conocía acerca de la religión y todo lo que había aprendido a fin de descubrir la posibilidad de que este libro fuera verdadero, de la misma manera en que lo hice con el Libro de Mormón.

Esto funcionó para que yo abriera los ojos a un evangelio verdadero y a la forma en que me había dejado engañar. Las circunstancias de la vida también me permitirían tener el tiempo necesario para leer, investigar y tratar de ayudar con esta obra desde 2013.


El tener a Jacob en mi vida fue y es una experiencia maravillosa, excepto cuando estoy demasiado cansada, entonces no soy una buena madre para Jacob. Él siempre quiso jugar y debido a que no había otros niños pequeños a su alrededor, nosotros, los padres tuvimos que ser los amiguitos. Él es un niño atlético y enérgico. Le encantaba saltar en el trampolín desde que tenía 3 años, aprendiendo a hacer todos los trucos que su papá le enseñaba e inventando los propios suyos. A una edad temprana él aprendió que no podía hacerse de amigos con tan sólo preguntar como cuando era más pequeño. Él solía preguntar “¿quieres ser mi amigo? Y los otros niños pequeños siempre decían que sí, cuando tenía 4 años, él continuó haciendo lo mismo cuando intentaba comenzar a jugar, pero se enfrentó al rechazo. Él aprendió de esa experiencia. Traté de enseñarle otras formas más sutiles de empezar una amistad, pero ha sido difícil para él. Él quería tener un hermanito(a); y fue muy difícil para nosotros explicarle lo que había pasado. Finalmente, se lo expliqué cuando cumplió 12 años. Él entendió lo que sucedió y todavía me quiere. 😊

Él aprendió acerca del MWAW y el Partido de la Humanidad desde que tenía 4 o 5 años. Tenía sentido para él que las necesidades básicas de la vida les fueran proveídas a todos en este mundo. Él solía dibujar acerca del Partido de la Humanidad siendo implementando y acerca de la gente sintiéndose feliz por ello.

Él ha sido un buen niño. Cuando los maestros vieron su potencial, nosotros le pedimos que no entrara en equipos competitivos de gimnasia, a fin de que pudiera aprender a evitar sentirse mejor que los demás. Él aceptó y entendió la razón. Él es amable con los niños pequeños, y a veces eso me rompe el corazón, pues siento que necesitaba un hermano(a) no sólo para jugar, sino para cuidar de él o ella y para demostrarle su amor. Tal vez él les cuente su propia historia algún día. Espero que él elija el camino en el que estamos, pero eso será enteramente su elección.


De todos modos… la vida tiene una manera de detener sus planes si eso es en el mejor interés de su Verdadero Ser. En marzo, en mi 4to mes después de que mis períodos regresaron, me di cuenta de que no había renovado mi certificación profesional. Pensé que cuando uno toma “el gran Examen de Certificación” y lo aprueba, uno está certificado de por vida (dentro de lo que entendí con mi comprensión del “Inglés como segundo idioma”). Para mi sorpresa, tenía que realizar este proceso cada 3 años y ya habían pasado 5 años cuando me di cuenta de ello. Cuando pregunté por los requisitos para la recertificación, se me dijo que debido a que mi programa Profesional era del 2004 en lugar del año 2005, yo tenía que volver a la escuela si quería renovar mi certificación. Apelé esa decisión en vano. Tuve que dejar de trabajar en una época en que, mi esposo había perdido su trabajo como clavadista debido a que ese negocio se había ido a la quiebra. Para el colmo, cuando volví a la Universidad para asegurarme que sabía todo lo que tenía que hacer para atravesar este proceso, ellos me dijeron que primero necesitaba cambiar mi licencia NP (enfermera profesional) por una licencia RN (enfermera registrada). En el proceso de hacer esto, terminé siendo acusada de no haber recertificado a propósito y de actuar de forma delincuente con mi licencia. La Junta Directiva de Enfermería de Utah quiso que firmara un documento admitiendo que lo hice, a fin de que me devolvieran mi licencia de RN. Mi suegro que es abogado me dijo que no firmara nada. Él terminó defendiéndome contra el personal de la Junta Directiva de Enfermería de Utah, la que, debido a que consulté con un abogado, tal como ellos mismos me recomendaron, posteriormente decidieron revocar mi licencia en lugar de desactivarla. Tuve que ir a la corte, y me sentí tan mal cuando los abogados hacían preguntas para hacerme decir lo que no era verdad. Yo caí en depresión. Mis períodos se detuvieron nuevamente, y esta vez para siempre, entré en una menopausia prematura. La Iglesia no nos quiso devolver nuestros $1000 que tanto necesitábamos en aquel momento.

Nosotros teníamos algunos ahorros, pero eso se fue rápido, cuando mi esposo trató de vender nuestra vieja casa en forma “de renta a propietario” para ayudar a que este rentero pudiera construir un buen crédito y obtener la casa que estaba alquilando de nosotros. En esta misma época en febrero y marzo, esta persona/arrendatario que ahora poseía el título de la casa, dejó de hacer pagos de la casa a una compañía externa con la que habíamos acordado. Él tenía el título en sus manos, pero nuestro nombre estaba en el banco para pagar este préstamo de la casa. Así que, con nuestros ahorros, comenzamos a pagar 2 casas al mismo tiempo (incluyendo aquella en la que vivíamos). Tenía que hacer pagos a varias tarjetas de crédito, así que sacaba prestado de una tarjeta de crédito para pagar otras tarjetas, y así sucesivamente durante aproximadamente un año. Llegamos a adquirir más deudas. Esperaba terminar el semestre extra de la universidad y luego recuperar mi licencia, volver a tomar el examen y recertificarme; hice en unos 6 meses. Durante los otros 6 meses me dediqué a buscar un trabajo, pues el que anteriormente tenía, me había dado la espalda después de 5 años y medio de trabajar allí. Los directores ejecutivos siempre tuvieron miedo de que los arrastrara a mis litigios legales. Pero nunca lo hice.

Para ese entonces, mi suegro había logrado algunos de sus objetivos y la Junta Directiva de Enfermería tuvo que retractarse de revocar mi licencia cambiándola a una suspensión. Cuando fue obvio para mí que nadie en Utah iba a dejar ir los prejuicios, y los que me entrevistaban para un trabajo me estaban juzgando de que yo podría haber hecho algo terrible para que mi licencia haya sido revocada, dejé de usar mis tarjetas de crédito y paré de hacer todos los pagos, pues no podía seguir pagando sin un trabajo. Yo había planeado empezar a pagarles a todos con mi nuevo trabajo, pero dadas las circunstancias no pude hacerlo. La gran línea de crédito que había obtenido durante los años estaba arruinada. Sabemos de qué se trata el tedioso proceso de conseguir cupones de comida, de trabajar desde casa tan solo por centavos, sin saber qué sería de nosotros. Sin importar cuánto oré, ayuné, leí mis escrituras, presté servicio en mis llamamientos, fui al templo, las circunstancias no cambiaron para nosotros. Sin embargo, yo todavía estaba decidida a mantener mi fe sin importar lo terrible que las circunstancias pudieran llegar a ser.

Pienso que todas las cosas por las que he pasado en mi trayectoria para encontrar la paz, el amor y la felicidad no fueron en vano. Esto tuvo que acontecer para hacerme la persona que hoy soy, lista para estar aquí y aceptar esta obra de la forma en la que lo hice. No culpo a nadie por lo que pasé y acepto la responsabilidad de mis decisiones y reacciones. Acepto mi historia y espero vivir la vida de una manera más libre, sin culpabilidad y condenación y llena de aceptación. ¡Esto es lo que esta Verdad Real me ha enseñado! Así que, volviendo al principio de mi trayectoria al encontrar esta increíble obra…


Fue en estas circunstancias que en septiembre de 2013 mi esposo me dijo que había leído la Porción Sellada. Él estaba sudando cuando me lo contó lo que había hecho, pues él pensaba que me iba a divorciar de él. Comencé el proceso de aprender acerca de esta obra volviéndome como un niño pequeñito y preguntando al respecto tal como lo hice con el Libro de Mormón. Me tomó un tiempo (1-2 semanas) para permitir que mi esposo supiera la forma en que ese libro me estaba afectando de una manera positiva. Cuando superé mi orgullo, fui capaz de decirle que sabía que el libro estaba diciendo la verdad, al menos la verdad que yo necesitaba en aquel tiempo. Él empezó a bombardearme con lo que había leído en los otros libros. Él devora a los libros, es decir, él lee rápido. Estoy agradecida por que lo hizo, pues yo avanzaba lentamente en obtener el conocimiento, pero mi convicción ya estaba allí. Mi recomendación para el templo estaba a punto de expirar a finales de septiembre, así que tuve que ir al templo ese último día y verlo todo con ojos diferentes.

Entonces quise compartir estas nuevas con nuestros hermanos y hermanas de habla hispana, así que me ofrecí para ayudar con la traducción. Tenía el tiempo y el deseo de hacerlo. De modo que, fui llamada para la tarea, me imagino que por mi Ser Verdadero. Solo sabía que tenía que hacerlo. Durante el tiempo de septiembre a diciembre, mi esposo y yo todavía manteníamos nuestro llamamiento en la iglesia. En nuestra posición de enseñar, se nos hizo cada vez más difícil el enseñar lo que se esperaba que enseñáramos. Empecé a incorporar y centrar mis lecciones en algunas de las verdades del Evangelio Real en lugar del contenido en los manuales. Fue en el simposio de diciembre de 2013 que mi esposo me llevó a conocer a Cristopher. Mi esposo me advirtió acerca del lenguaje profano que él podría utilizar, pero yo ya había escuchado los programas de televisión MWAW, además, las “malas palabras” no tienen demasiado significado para mí en inglés, así que nunca me molestaron. Hoy en día, aun si las escuchara en español, sé que son sólo palabras que transmiten un estado emocional. No quisimos hacer mucho alboroto, pero necesitábamos salir de la iglesia. Así que ideamos un plan. Mientras mi madre estaba de visita con nosotros en esos días, le dijimos a nuestro barrio que íbamos a asistir al barrio español con mi mamá. Nunca lo hicimos, sin embargo, siempre llevé a mi madre a la iglesia. Y así es como salimos de la iglesia. De vez en cuando, los miembros de los barrios inglés y español nos detenían en las actividades de la iglesia o del vecindario para decirme: “Hermana Mónica, mucho tiempo sin verla, pensé que estaba inactiva”, a lo que yo respondía: “Para nada en absoluto, de hecho, estoy más activa en el evangelio que nunca”, entonces no tenían nada más que decirme y me dejaban en paz.

Al principio estaba muy aterrada sin saber cómo podría criar a mi hijo sin la iglesia. Pero luego, me di cuenta de que no había nada que temer. Esto era aún más simple de lo que pensaba. Yo sólo tenía que enseñarle a ser feliz, a ser él mismo y a hallar la felicidad en eso. A que tratara a los demás no sólo de la forma en que él querría ser tratado, sino de la forma en que los demás querrían ser tratados. Me sorprende cómo todos estos conceptos simples son tan fáciles de entender por una mente que no ha sido condicionada por la religión. Mi hijo ciertamente está agradecido por no tener que ir a la iglesia para ser forzado a cantar las canciones de la Primaria que le hacían doler la garganta; eso es todo lo que él recuerda de la iglesia.

Nosotros todavía estábamos visitando a nuestros familiares, incluso cuando fuimos honestos con los miembros de nuestra familia desde el principio, diciéndoles que ya no asistíamos a la iglesia, pero podríamos seguir visitándolos y acompañándolos a sus actividades de la Iglesia cuando hubiera un evento importante para ellos, como bautismos o bendiciones de bebés. Ellos siempre hablaban de su iglesia frente a nosotros y nosotros los escuchábamos pacientemente, pero si nosotros tratábamos de hablar acerca de la importancia de resolver la pobreza a través del plan del Partido de la Humanidad, ellos siempre se hacían de oídos sordos y nos pedían que cambiáramos el tema. Antes de que ellos supieran que habíamos dejado la iglesia, tratamos de hablar con ellos acerca de estos conceptos de resolver la pobreza; y esto resonaba con los familiares compasivos; pero una vez que se enteraban que estábamos obteniendo la información de la misma fuente que nos hizo abandonar la iglesia, ellos no le daban otra oportunidad a este plan.

Debido a que no pude encontrar un trabajo en Utah por causa de la prejuiciosa mente de la gente que allí vive, pensamos que podríamos tratar de encontrar un trabajo en mi profesión fuera del estado. Estábamos en quiebra en gran manera, apenas si teníamos suficiente para nuestras necesidades y para tratar de mantenernos al día con todas las facturas. Habiendo finalmente sido liberados con la Verdad Real, decidimos probar estados más liberales; y después de algo de búsqueda, encontramos un trabajo en California. Tengo que trabajar a tiempo completo y desearía poder trabajar menos; he tratado de que se me den menos horas de trabajo, sin ningún éxito. Alguien me preguntó una vez si me gustaba mi trabajo. Le dije que sí, pero lo que en realidad quise decir es que me gusta ayudar a la gente, de una manera en que ellos puedan aprender a cuidar de sí mismos. Quise decir que no hago algo que odio hacer como muchos otros, pero ciertamente, desearía que no tomara tanto de mi tiempo. De esa manera, podría hacer con mi tiempo lo que realmente deseo hacer, lo cual es dedicarlo a esta obra en cualesquiera capacidades en la que pudiera.

Hemos estado dedicados a este plan del Partido de la Humanidad y a los conceptos del MWAW durante unos 7 años. Hemos encontrado muchos amigos verdaderos en esta obra. Hemos encontrado al Mensajero Verdadero quien ha traído el mensaje (luz y conocimiento) que nuestros Seres Verdaderos nos prometieron en el principio. ¿Qué más podríamos pedir? Yo conozco todo lo que siempre quise saber acerca de la vida y la religión por medio de la Obra Maravillosa y un Prodigio y a través del plan del Partido de la Humanidad he llegado a saber que es posible sanar las heridas físicas y emocionales de los pobres y los afligidos en nuestro mundo. Este plan puede eliminar la pobreza y desigualdad para TODOS en cuestión de semanas. No me cabe en la cabeza cómo es que no todo el mundo desee respaldar este plan de inmediato. Me he entregado a esta obra y a lo que representa para todos nosotros como grupo de seres humanos.

Gracias a esta obra, he sido capaz de realmente percibir a todos los seres humanos como niños pequeñitos, y aceptar y celebrar lo que los hace felices sin juzgarlos. Nada, nada podría haberme persuadido a abandonar la iglesia más que la Verdad Real que hallé en esta obra, la cual tuvo más sentido que cualquier otra cosa en el mundo. En unas cuantas ocasiones nos hemos reunido con nuestro mensajero y por experiencia propia puedo asegurar que él es un ser humano muy amable, lleno de compasión por todos los que lo rodean. Él ha sacrificado tanto para ayudar a nuestro grupo entero de seres humanos, aun cuando a la mayoría de nosotros, seres humanos, no nos gusta o no estamos de acuerdo con la increíble información y el plan que él ha presentado al mundo. Él es verdaderamente Uno semejante al Hijo del hombre, en términos religiosos. Sin embargo, él es tan humilde como se podría ser, pero como mensajero, necesita utilizar un lenguaje que corte como espada de dos filos, con la esperanza de que la mayoría de nosotros despertemos del sueño en el que estamos y tratemos de pensar por nosotros mismos. Él es uno de los Mensajeros Verdaderos; si los escuchamos, ellos nos guiarán en el camino de la vida y la salvación.

Amo a esta obra con toda mi poder, alma y fuerza y amo y respeto a mi Mensajero Verdadero a quien he visto, pero también a aquellos detrás de las cortinas que tantas veces orquestaron una manera de ayudarnos a recordar sin violar nuestra libre voluntad. A ellos, va mi profundo respeto y gratitud por su paciencia con nosotros y por ayudar a proteger a nuestro mensajero actual. Deseo hacer todo lo que esté en mi poder para poner mi luz en lo alto a medida que la recibo de la Vid Verdadera.

Other Testimonials

  • Hello, my name is Ramona.   I was born in the early 1960’s, the 4th child out of […]

  • My Story: I was born on 18th June 1968 in Sydney, Australia. My father had moved to Australia […]

  • Hello My name is Robert Wint.  I was born and raised in Coventry, West Midlands.  I have been […]

  • Hi, mi nombre es Diana. While writing this, I’m almost 28 years old. As for a brief synopsis […]